- Successors outside of the planner's target population does not appear in the SoC BUT when the planner is adding a successor, the "compare nominees" page actually shows those hidden successors
- All HCM Versions
Reproducing the Issue
1. Go to Succession Org chart
2. Look for Talent Employee – There are successors already nominated to this position but they do not appear because these people are outside the planner’s target population (which is expected)
3. Click “Find Successors” for Talent Employee 5
4. Add one user then click Go
5. “Compare Nominees” section appears and show the other successors outside of the planner’s hierarchy
- Expected behaviour
- RBP does only cover which users or positions you can see on the Succession Org Chart, and for whom you can nominate, but does not impose restrictions on who can be nominated.
- It is not correct that Succession reporting permission (or any other permission) limits who a user can nominate as a successors. All succession planners can nominate anyone for a job – the permissions only let you limit which incumbents or positions they can nominate successors for.
- If I nominate someone who I do not have succession reporting permission for, I shouldn't be able to see things like their performance/potential placement, ratings, etc. However I will still be able to nominate them.
KBA , LOD-SF-SCM , Succession Management , How To