When you are trying to Upload Serial Numbers during post goods issue, system is not creating Automatic Serial Numbers and displays field as Blank.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Outbound Logistics Workcenter.
- Go to Delivery Control View and select Delivery Proposals sub view.
- In the field Show, choose All Proposals by Selection by drop down.
- Search for the required Delivery Request ID.
- Select and choose Post Goods Issue button.
- New Window opens up as Create Outbound Delivery and Goods Issue.
- Now under Details Section, navigate to Serial Number subtab.
- Then choose Upload button to upload serial numbers with excel or text file saved in your computer.
- Here once you upload the file, even then system does not displays any Serial Number IDs.
For Automatic Creation of Serial Number, you have to choose serial number profile as Mandatory on Transfer (to/from Customers) in product master data for the required Product.
- Go to Product Portfolio Workcenter.
- Go to Products View and select By Products sub view.
- In the field Show, choose All Materials and search the required Product ID.
- Select and Edit it, go to the View All option.
- Under General tab, naviagte to General subtab.
- Now choose Serial Number Profile as Mandatory on Transfer (to/from Customers) using drop-down.
- Choose Save button.
KBA , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To