Fields inside an MDF Object are grayed out in Advanced Reporting. The fields cannot be added as column nor as filter in the report query.
SAP SuccessFactors Workforce Analytics
Reproducing the Issue
1. Go to Analytics > Advanced Reporting (or if the instance is using Report Center, to Report - Canvas then add a new query with the type Advanced Reporting)
2. Select the object or portlet in question and expand the list of available fields, e.g. Leave Request under Time Management
Result: Notice that all or some fields are grayed out. When opening an existing saved query, you get an "Error getting query preview" error
Necessary permissions may be missing.
Once the MDF object is created, please make sure that you have granted the permissions required via RBP.
You have 2 options here regarding where you want to place the MDF object under Security Section.
- Miscellaneous Permissions
- MDF Foundation Objects
Once you given configured the above Permission Category, make sure that you have to granted the corresponding permissions in RBP to users who need it.
- Go to Admin Center > Set User Permissions > Manage Permission Roles
- Select the appropriate permission role to grant the permission to
- Go to User Permissions > Miscellaneous Permissions or MDF Foundation Objects, depending on what Permission Category you configured in the MDF object
- Give the permission accordingly.
- Save your changes then check the availability in Advanced Reporting again.
MDF object not available for reporting, Miscellaneous Permissions, MDF Foundation Objects permissions, Leave Request object, Employee Time permission, report permissions, fields unavailable , KBA , LOD-SF-ANA , Analytics & Reporting (Ad Hoc, ORD) , LOD-SF-ANA-ORD , Online Report Designer , How To