Connectors not finding input file in designated SFTP remote folder. Job succeeds and sometimes even processes a file but intermittently job receives "file not found" message despite the input file being placed on same SFTP server.
SAP SuccessFactors Learning Management System (LMS)
Reproducing the Issue
- Place input file in SFTP folder (with manually or via scheduled job from BizX side or middleware tool.
- Check connector config to see connector is looking in production SFTP
- Run Connector
- Connector job succeeds with "No records found" message.
- The customer has had their production LMS cloned or refreshed meaning that their connector configurations and SF User Connector settings are exactly the same for both their production and new or refreshed stage environments.
- This means that two separate LMS Connectors are pointing towards the same sftp server and looking in the same remote folder for the same file for processing.
- To avoid this from happening the two environments' connectors need to be configured differently so that two connectors are not looking for the same file at the same time from the same folder in the same sftp location. During the refresh process we advise that all the target system (usually stage) configuration pages are backed up locally and updated in the system once the refresh has taken place.
- As SFTP accounts are provisioned per instance there should be no need to have both systems (prod & stage) pointing to the same SFTP repository. If this is a requirement then another solution would be to name the files accepted by each connector differently. This is easily acheived if both systems enable connector file suffix so that each system is looking for different file names, see KBA 2615004. Alternatively, you could disignate seperate remote folders within the same SFTP repository.
- Connector Configuration
- Scheduled Export Jobs BizX
- System Clone LMS
- Service Request
- System Refresh LMS