- Can attachments on a MDF object with the attachment type field be added via Import?
- How to add attachments via import for the attachments type field on a MDF object?
- SuccessFactors Cloud HCM: MDF
- SuccessFactors Cloud HCM: Import and Export Data
MDF allows us to add attachments to the required MDF Object that has a field of data type Attachments.
Follow the steps to perform the import containing attachments:
- Go to Admin Center and Import and Export Data page
- Download the template for the required MDF Object which has the Attachments type field, you will get a zip file as shown in the screenshot below
3. In the same zip file, create a new folder and name it attachments.
PLEASE NOTE: The new folder will only work if it's named attachments. Incorrect spelling of the folder name will prevent the files from loading.
4. Upload all the attachments in this folder which needs to be added on the MDF Object.
In the above screenshot, Rule Testing is the custom MDF Object, that has an Attachment type field.
5. Fill in the data in the csv file for the MDF Object and enter the corresponding file name along with the correct extension in the Attachments field as shown in the below screenshot
4. Save the changes and go to Import and Export Data and import the zip file.
2539978 - Exporting attachments from MDF object
MDF, Metadata Framework, import, file attachment, zip file, attachments, import and export data, not a valid attachment file name, MDF Upload , KBA , attachments , mdf, attachments, mdf import , LOD-SF-MDF-IMP , MDF Import and Export Issues , LOD-SF-EC-MDF , MDF & EC2MDF Migration , How To