- defaultValue option is unavailable for a translatable field in a MDF Object why?
- SuccessFactors Cloud HCM: MDF
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a MDF Object and add a Translatable field
- Go to Manage Data to add data for the object created
3. Click on the globe icon on this field to add values in different locales. You will see defaultValue option is unavailable
If the visibility for the defaultValue field on the standard pre-delivered MDF object Translations has been set as Not Visible, this option will be unavailable on the Translatable fields of other MDF Objects.
In order to make this option available on the Translatable fields, follow the steps below:
- On your SuccessFactors instance, go to Admin Center and navigate to Configure Object Definitions page
- Search for object definition Translations (GOLocalizedData)
- Click on Make Correction and look for the standard field defaultValue as shown on the screenshot below
4. Click on the Details and set the Visibility of this field to Editable as highlighted in the below screenshot
- MDF: Metadata Framework