You are trying to create a new free cost object in your system, nevertheless the New button is not enabled.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Cost and Revenue work center
- Go to Free Cost Object view.
You see that the New button is disabled.
The Free Cost Objects functionality is not fully configured in your system yet. There exists preliminary steps to be performed in order to be able to create a new Free Cost Object instance via Cost and Revenue work center. The prerequisites are:
- Include free cost objects in your implementation project scope: Via Business Configuration, open you project's scope and navigate to the 4-Questions step. Expand Financial and Management Accounting and Management Accounting. Click Cost Center Management Accounting and answer Yes to the relevant questions.
- Define cost object types for free cost objects: Refer to the fine tune activity Cost Object Types.
- Create account assignment types: This is performed via Account Assignment Types fine-tune activity.
In order to create the required setup for free cost objects, the aforementioned fine-tune activities have to be completed. These activities can be found by following the below steps:
- Go to Business Configuration work center.
- Go to Implementation Projects view
- Select the relevant project and click Open Activity List.
In case you are already live, both these activities can be changed immediately, which means that you do not need a change project in order to deploy the changes. You need to:
- Go to Business Configuration work center
- Go to Overview view
- Find the activity and click Change Immediately.
Once you create your custom cost object types (ID start with Z) and set up the account assignment type, you may create new free cost objects via Cost and Revenue.
KBA , AP-RC-BCT , Business Config. Tools (SAP Business ByDesign , How To