Not able to do bulk upload of documents (attachments) due error message: "Error Msg: (attachment) contains an invalid attachment"
SuccessFactors Employee Profile
Reproducing the Issue
Bulk Upload of documents (attachments) is done via quartz job (provisioning), not via Admin Tools.
On running the backend job, results the "Error Msg: (attachment) contains an invalid attachment" even though the format of the files is correct.
This error is caused by some reasons:
- It is not defined file format to the attachment's field
- Due to limited/less 'Attachment Storage Allocation' space for your instance/company.
- Configure the file formats supported to attachment's field
- Go to: Manage Business Configuration
- Click: Employee Profile
- Click: Background Elements
- Select the Background Element
- Attachment's field, click: Details
- Fill field "File Formats" (Supported File Formats: doc | pdf | csv | htm | ppt | xls | gif | png | jpg | jpeg | html | rtf | bmp | xlsx | docx | pptx | txt | xml | msg)
In case you do not have "Manage Business Configuration" option, please contact the SuccessFactors Support requesting to configure the file formats supported.
2. Please contact the SuccessFactors Support to increase the 'Attachment Storage Allocation' space from 1 GB, which is the default space allocated to all clients to the required space (maximum 5 GB) from the backend.
- Error Msg: (attachment) contains an invalid attachment
- Invalid attachment
- File Formats