When attempting to retrieve the Day component of a date field, a query returns the month number instead. When trying to get the Month, it returns the day if the day number is 12 or less, otherwise it returns the entire date value.
- SAP SuccessFactors HCM Core
- Online Report Designer (ORD)
- Analytics & Reporting
- Detailed Reporting
- Advanced Reporting
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a new Calculated Column.
- Drag any populated date field onto the canvas.
- Click the field on the canvas, and as the Function select "Month" or "Day".
The Month and Day functions make assumptions about the format of date values, and where to look for days and months, from the active language.
If BizX is set to one language but WFA is set to another with a different date format, the system may be confused between the two. Not only will the wrong value be returned, but if it tries to read a day higher than 12 as a month it will not work at all.
- In the BizX framework, click Options - Change Language and note the active language.
- In ORD, click Admin and see which language has the asterisk * next to it.
- If the two languages are not the same (different versions of the same language do NOT synchronise, for example US English and UK English) then change one option or the other to make the two consistent.
- If the correct language is not available in one or the other section, or if the ORD Admin menu does not show languages (indicating that only one language is available, and it's the wrong one) then open a support ticket to ask for the languages to be checked.
KBA , LOD-SF-ANA-ORD , Online Report Designer , Problem