You are not able to delete a Product Category once it is created.
SAP Hybris Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Products work center
- Go to Product Categories view
We see that there is a Product Category with no Products Added in it and yet the Delete option is grayed out.
The Root Category can never be deleted.
This is the expected system behavior.
1. The sub categories can be deleted only when the Product Assignment Indicator is unchecked.
2. If the indicator was checked to true in the past, and there are some existing Products, then this indicator cannot be set to false.
The user then has to go to each of these Products and change the Product Category Assignment.
3. If there are existing open documents (Sales Order, etc.) that already contain this Product, then this might cause data inconsistency.
4. Delete action is available only for single selection and not on multiple Product Categories.
The toggle option is provided by RUI Framework. This does not mean that rows in any OWL should be multi-selectable.
KBA , product category hierarchy? , product category , LOD-LE-PRD-PRD , Product + Product Category Hierarchy , How To