In your Opportunity, The following error message is triggered "Revenue dates must be between DATE_ABC and DATE_DEF".
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Sales work center
- Go to the Opportunity view
- Select the Opportunity XYZ (XYZ represents the identifcation of the opportunity)
- Select the Schedule Revenue on the header (check box)
- Go to the Revenue Splits Facet
- Add a Revenue Split Partners
- Select a revenue schedule for a specific period.
You receive the following error message : Revenue dates must be between DATE_ABC and DATE_DEF
The Revenue distribution period is governed by the Revenue Start & End Dates at the header. You may have to make it visible in adaptation. The period of the revenue selected in the action of the revenue distribution should be between these dates. It is the same behavior in the Item Revenue distribution.
This is the expected system behaviour.
You can maintain the revenue schedule :
- on header level in the Revenue Split Facet.
- on item level in the Product Facet.
The item revenue schedule is governed by the item revenue date. The header revenue schedule is governed by the header revenue date. At any given time, only one revenue schedule can be activated in a given opportunity. This is set up by the flag Schedule Revenue on the header.
KBA , SRD-CC-FED , Feeds , How To