Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
How to set up Deployment Location in LMS instance.
Deployment Locations are used in conjunction with the Import Content assistant found under the Content>Tools sub-menu of the LMS admin interface. When importing a course, an admin can add new content and upload the selected content.
SAP SuccessFactors Learning Management System (LMS) - All Supported Versions
There are two major configuration files that need to be considered when setting up Deployment Location:
- Content Import:
- This configuration contains the maximum allowed file size for Content Import (maximumFileSizeKB)
- It can be accessed via System Admin > Configuration > System Configuration and open the configuration file "Content Import"
- This property is in bytes, and should be set to the corresponding value of the maximumFileSizeKB property in the Content Import configuration
- It can be accessed under System Admin > Configuration > System Configuration > LMS_ADMIN > fileUploadMaxSize
- On the admin side: Navigate to Content -> Deployment Locations:Click on Add New
- A Popup window appears as below, fill in the below details:
- Explanation of the available fields (* indicates a required field):
- Deployment Location ID*: ID as per your requirement.
- Description: Short description regarding this particular deployment location.
- Domain*: Domain ID in which you want particular set of group to use it.
- Host Name*: sFTP URL of your iContent server.
- Port*: is always 22 for iContent services.
- Username*: username of your iContent server (not the same as the standard BizX or LMS sftp accounts for reports, connectors, etc...)
<tenantuser>_content for self-managed iContent account
<tenantuser>_managed for PCM premium iContent accounts
- Password*: password of your iContent server.
- URL Prefix: refer KBA 2396085
- Directory: Directory in which you want to store your content in your iContent server. Make sure that this directory has already been created in the SFTP site. It is a good practice to create a main/root folder for each LMS environment, especially when multiple LMS environments share the same iContent account. It is also a good practice to have a folder for each LMS environment. (Please note the "My Folders" can be excluded from this path as it is a place-holder only)
- Test User: Test User ID you want to assign course once you import content to this server.
- Location Type: Will always be SFTP
- iContent Deployment: Customers with iContent 25 Free GB self-managed LMS bundle Storage Service should not enable this feature. The setting needs to be used only for Premium iContent customers (managed iContent), however selecting it if you use the self-managed iContent will not have any negative impact for the customers.
- Note: Notifications are sent to the e-mail address configured under System Admin>Configuration>System Configuration>Content Import>IContentNotificationEmailAddress.
SF SuccessFactors, LMS, Learning, Deployment Location, Content, Import, iContent , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-PCM , iContent , LOD-SF-LMS-CNT , Content , How To