An admin User has created a working report, based on the Live Data via the Online Report Designer, however you are unable to run the report due to some errors and strange behaviour.
- SuccessFactors HCM suite
- Online Report Designer (ORD), Ad Hoc report
Reproducing the Issue
- Login to the desired instance. For this example.
- Analytics - Analytics
- From the Reporting menu select any of the reports under the respective folder.
- The Runtime Filters window pops up although you notice that the filter options look like the below:
- [Role based security prevents the viewing of this component]
- [Error in rendering table]
- [Error in rendering List report component]
The affected user does not have access to the respective domain schema.
Online Report Designer is a front-end tool which allows users to create reports and queries using a number of different data sources like Ad Hoc, using Live Data.
Live Data gives you access to the Ad hoc data source hence it is mandatory to have Ad Hoc configured and Ad Hoc Domains enabled, to the User role, if you want to be able to run ORD reports, based on live data, correctly.
In this example, the user facing the errors did not have Ad Hoc configured in the assigned role.
Once the User Role included the Create/Run Ad Hoc Report permission and the required Domains the report works.
Note: This can be done via Admin Center - Set User Permissions - Manage Permission Role - Select the desired Role - Report Permission.
Runtime Filters errors , KBA , LOD-SF-ANA-ORD , Online Report Designer , Problem