Error: Please select at least one of the owner roles when trying to configure field permission under Manage Templates
Owner role does not exist under the permission settings.
Reproducing the Issue
1. Admin tools > Performance Management >Manage Templates.
2.Go to a particular section (e.g Goal or Competency section)> Assign field permissions>Done> Error received " Please select at least one of the owner roles when trying to configure field permission" when there are no Owner role fields defined in the permission settings.
3. For Customer Success and Partners : No owner role permissions are defined in the xml coding in Provisioning
Please follow the below steps to overcome this error:
1st: Delete the permission and add them back again. The newly added permission will automatically have “ <owner-role>* </owner-role>” configuration.
1. Change the field type to “Section-comments”
2. The owner roles option will now appear in the UI
3. If nothing is selected for owner role, set it to “all”. If option is set to selected or custom AND there is a role selected, please do not change. This means there is an owner-role configuration already.
4. Change the field type back to whatever it was before. Note: the owner roles option WILL disappear from the screen when you change back the field type, however, the setting is still there.
5. Repeat step #1 - #4 for each of the field permission.
6. Click on Done and all the error message about owner role should disappear.
KBA , LOD-SF-PM-FRM , Forms & Templates , Problem