You run a report with the Offline or Job schedule function, from the UI or Back-end, and notice that although the job is listed under the Scheduled Reports the status doesn't change from Not Started or Started for a long time.
When you run the report preview or as download (csv) it works fine.
Also, the report job used to run and complete fine before.
- SuccessFactors HCM Core
- Job Schedule
- Report schedule
Reproducing the Issue
- Login to the instance
- Analytics - Reporting – Scheduled Jobs
- For this example, the below jobs are available but got stuck with the Not Started or Started status for a long time:
- Report Schedule Test_2016-12-02_05-41-28 Started Friday, 2 December 2016 10:41:28 GMT Friday, 9 December 2016 10:41:28 GMT
- Report Schedule Test_2016-12-02_05-41-53 Not Started Friday, 2 December 2016 10:41:53 GMT Friday, 9 December 2016 10:41:53 GMT
In this cases, there were some temporary issues
Such errors may be caused by a temporary inconsistency with the report servers.
For example: server not restarted correctly, server overloaded or Job did not initiate correctly.
Some measures are in place and more planned to identify and avoid such issues.
If you face similar issues with multiple Report/Job Schedule which were working before you may report an incident with the issue providing the affected User and Report Name (e.g. ) from the scheduled report window.
As a temporary workaround, depending on the report size, you can try to run the report online, as download (CSV) or via the available export functions as described below.
- For Ad Hoc reports you can click on the desired report and select Run Online, Export or Download (CSV) option
KBA , jobscheduler , scheduled reports , report job , LOD-SF-ANA , Analytics & Reporting (Ad Hoc, ORD) , Problem