Mobile Apply supports the ability to search for jobs, create and manage a profile, navigate through, and complete the job application process using mobile devices such as a smartphone or a tablet computer.
The Career Site (RMK) and RCM are configured to work together to allow complete functionality of the Mobile Apply feature. The three main parts of Mobile Apply are:
- Responsive Apply Process and Profile: The RCM Apply Process as well as the Candidate Profile are built on a responsive framework and the display of these pages are now optimized for use on mobile devices (for internal candidates, all internal job finding and browsing pages are still not responsive, as RCM has still not been built with responsive pages).
- Consolidated Profile and Application: When Mobile Apply is enabled, the profile create and application process are consolidated into a single page. Fields that are common between the Candidate Profile and Job Specific Information (application) and are properly mapped will only display once. This way, the candidate will not have to enter the same data more than once.
- Career Site Wrapper: When Mobile Apply is enabled, the Career Site Wrapper, which is a page generated from the RMK career site, will wrap (contain) the RCM Application and Profile screens. This provides a seamless user experience by providing a consistent look, feel, and branding, across multiple pages.
- Candidates using the Mobile Apply process can opt-in to SMS notifications for instances where the feature is configured.
Recruiting Execution (RX) - Recruiting Management and Recruiting Marketing Integration
To have Mobile Apply enabled, customers must ensure that all pre-requisities listed below are met. The majority of these configurations are part of a standard RX implementation, which requires Implementation Partner or Professional Services Team engagement.
- Working RX Instance, including Candidate SSO, Real-time Job Sync, Site Brands and Microsites (where applicable), and Locations. Customers can also use the supported API job collection process.
- Job Redirect must be configured and functional. (See: 2317121)
- RMK Responsive Site. A responsive site can be enabled via a Web Development site rebuild or a Career Site Builder implementation. (See: 2409690) (**Note: Mobile Apply functionality will work only for RMK sites that is using Responsive Framework)
- SSL Certificate. For security purposes all RMK customer Career Sites require an SSL certificate to be registered and installed on their domain. If the customer’s site is not currently SSL, you must complete this process before the Career Site Wrapper will generate. For stage/preview instances an SSL certificate has been provided. If the customer’s stage/preview site is not SSL, this can be done by simply updating the site URL in both Command and Provisioning. (See: 2431471 and 2256314)
- RMK On Page Business Card. The RMK on page business card is the official supported workflow for mobile apply. While it is possible to implement mobile apply with other Talent Community/Business card configurations, these have not yet been fully tested and certified for mobile optimized use. (See: 2512186)
- RMK Profile. The RMK profile allows candidates access to both their profiles from the UI of the career site without needing to go through the apply process. The Mobile Apply feature also changes a number of different workflows related to the candidate experience. The RMK Profile is a critical part in that experience and needs to be enabled for all screen size/viewports. Failure to do so will result in some odd candidate behaviors as well as dead-end workflows. In other words: Though Mobile apply can technically be enabled without RMK, it is not recommended as it will result in odd candidate behaviors as well as dead-end workflows.
Note :all available options are not fully optimized for mobile apply at this point. For example the "My interviews" feature available under Options in Mobile apply will redirect the candidate to the legacy RCM page.
This enhancement is roadmap friendly but it is not planned for development for the near future. Ton influence the roadmap, please vote for idea 213544 as per the linked KBA 2090228 - How to submit enhancement requests for SAP SuccessFactors products.
For complete information on how to configure Recruiting Mobile Apply, please check Implementation Guide available to be downloaded via the SAP Help Portal (HERE)
Mobile Apply Responsive pages Consolidated profile and application Career Site Wrapper , KBA , fp :aa154c139d0b22df990d88f23cb0599876f7 , LOD-SF-RMK , Recruiting Marketing , LOD-SF-RCM-RMK , RMK Interface , How To