2248110 - Amount / Percentage as Main Payment Method in Payment Information Portlet

SAP Knowledge Base Article - Public

2248110 - Amount / Percentage as Main Payment Method in Payment Information Portlet

Symptom

Is it possible to enter Amount / Percentage values as Main Payment Method in Payment Information portlet?

Environment

Employee Central: Payment Information

Reproducing the Issue

Navigate to an employee's Personal Information --> Payment Information portlet. Edit and add Main Payment Method and enter values for Amount / Percentage.

1.JPG

When we click on Done and Save, we get the following error message:

2.JPG

Cause

The Pay Type "Main Payment Method" cannot be used with Amount or Percent. It is because this is defined as Main Payment 'channel'. If you enter only Main Payment Method, all payments go to that Bank account (or check, depending on what you enter as Payment Method).

Resolution

If an employee wants to split his/her earnings, he/she can enter Main Payment Method + e.g Payroll and enter percentage / amount in Payroll.
 
Let’s say, an employee has two Pay Types: Main Payment Method and Payroll (40%). This means 40% of the employee's salary goes to Payroll account and remaining 60% goes to Main account.

Keywords

Payment
Information
Amount
Percentage
Type
Main
Direct
Deposit
Payroll
Expense , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-PAY , Payment Information , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , Problem

Product

SAP SuccessFactors HCM Core 1705 ; SAP SuccessFactors HCM Core 1708