If the sender country and the receiver country differ, the system will always print the address in the language of the sending country since the postal service which needs to deliver the letter needs to be able to read the country name.
How is the language of the sender country determined for countries that have multiple languages as for example Belgium or Switzerland.
SAP Business ByDesign
The language of all countries is maintained in the Business Configuration in the fine tuning activity Countries as follows:
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Select the Implementation Projects view.
- Select your respective implementation project.
- Click on the Open Activity List button.
- Navigate to the Fine-Tune tab.
- Select the fine tuning activity Countries.
- Click on the Add to Project button.
- Open the fine tuning activity Countries.
- Click on the Edit Countries hyperlink.
- Click on the Filter symbol and enter desired country (in our example BE for Belgium) and press Enter.
- Select the General Attributes tab.
- In the Language field you can see which language will be used for the country e.g. FR – French
Hence, if your seller country is located in Belgium and the recipient is located in a different country the country in the postal address will be displayed in French.
2059150 - Recipient's Country Name is Not Written in Recipient's Native Language
Country, Language, Form Template , KBA , AP-CI , Customer Invoice Processing , How To