-> Request to make a standard SAP SFSF provided iFlow available under the 'Build' Tab of Boomi.
-> Request is to just view the iFlows and the customer may/may not be actually willing to modify it.
Standard SAP provided content in Boomi
Reproducing the Issue
1. Customer needs to provide a valid business impact in the incident they create for this request in order to get this request validated and considered to be addressed.
2. And once the request is validated, the iFlows will be made available under 'Browse Process Library' in Boomi(as shown below).
3. Now on this screen, the customers need to click on View and then install in order to view it under 'Build Tab'.(refer screenshots below)
4. Now the point that needs to be considered is the support provided by SAP for these iFlows in future and there can be two scenarios for it-
a. One is, that the customer actually wants to modify the process
In this case, we treat this iFlow as a custom process. So basically after modification of the iFlow or even if the iFlow is just copied to the build tab and deployed from the 'Process Library', it is supported just like any other 'Custom Process' by SAP and that means, any standard patch or fix that is generally deployed automatically will not take place because the iFlow is available under 'Process Library'.
b. Second scenario is where the customer just wants to view the iFlow in order to understand the mappings and does not want to make any change in it.
In this case, since the customer just wants to view the iFlow and not modify it, they should follow below process in order to take benefit of the standard SAP support and all the automatic patch updates.
So they just need to make sure that while deploying an iFlow to an atom, they deploy the one present under 'Integration Packs' and not the one present under 'Processes' in Deploy Tab. (refer below screenshot)
Note: SFSF delivers End to End (E2E) prepackaged integrations for the following Employee Central – SAP ERP / S4HANA integration scenarios:
- Employee Data
- Organizational Data
- Employee Absence Data
- Cost Center
These E2E prepackaged integrations include the EC APIs, Middleware content (BOOMI or HCI) and SAP processing with integration AddOn PA_SE_IN.
Please use the configuration framework and predefined enhancements (BADIs) in SAP AddOn for these integration scenarios instead of modification of Middleware content.
For details please check the Integration Guides in SAP Help portal http://help.sap.com/hr_ecintegration/.
Furthermore, SAP Early Knowledge Transfer provides role-specific learning content as well as opportunities to collaborate and enhancements practice.
- Employee Central - Integration with SAP ERP: Learning Map for Consultants (keyword: EKT_ECERPCONS)
- Employee Central API and Import: Learning Map for Consultants (keyword: EKT_ECERPAPI).
NA , KBA , LOD-SF-INT-BOM , Std. SF to 3rd Party Boomi Content , LOD-SF-INT , SF Integrations - EC Payroll, Boomi/ HCI, API , How To