US Form I-9 Section 2 is blank in the activity of new hire
SAP SuccessFactors Onboarding 1.0
Reproducing the Issue
- Login and navigate to SAP SuccessFactors HCM to Onboarding
- Find the candidate's activity and under PDF forms see US I-9 Form Section 2
- Data is no populated in the form
Orientation Step Not Completed
During the Orientation Step, if the new hire did not bring the eligibility document; Corporate Representative (Assignee) will answer 'No' to the question: Does the employee have the proof of eligibility document(s) with him or her today? (Find screenshot below for reference).
If the answer is equals to "No" the Orientation Step is considered not completed and data key (MA_I91_HaveDocuments) is populated with a value equals to "No". In addition, it will not let the manager proceed further with the workflow and will stop Onboarding activity by not generating an E-Verify. Also, I-9 3 Business Days process will start.
It is an expected behavior for Section 2 to not populate the details as Orientation Step is not completed. (See KBA 2149121)
For Live Customer(s), Implementation Partner(s), and Consultant(s)
- Open Onboarding Dashboard and under I-9 3 Business Days Work Queue find the new hire's activity
- Run an Advanced Report to find if the key MA_I91_HaveDocuments have a value equals to No for the affected new hire record; I-9 3 Business Days workflow should trigger if enabled (See KBA 2161955 on how to run an Advanced Report)
- MA_I91_HaveDocuments is equals to No and no I-9 3 Business Days workflow triggered for the new hire, see KBA 2686327
- MA_I91_HaveDocuments is equals to Yes and I-9 3 Business Days workflow is expected to not trigger, see KBA 2273389
For SAP SuccessFactors Cloud Product Support
Please use the instruction manual on how to proceed, in the internal KBA 2633075
Help the Knowledge Base Community
- Any feedback with this KBA? Please rate this article 1 star is the lowest and 5 is the highest, you may also add constructive feedback to help improve our KBAs.
- Have a concern with this KBA or found dead links? Please reach out to SAP SuccessFactors Cloud Product Support in SAP One Support Launchpad via SAP Expert Chat or Support Incident and we are ready to assist you. Kindly provide the following information.
- KBA Article being reported
- The concern with the KBA
SAP SuccessFactors, Onboarding, OBD, ONB, LOD-SF-OBD, DHS, United States Department of Homeland Security, United States Citizenship and Immigration Services, USA, United States of America, Verification, Verify, Employment, I-9, I9, SSA, Social Security Administration, Authorized, Work, Panel, Process, I9 3 Business days, 72 Hour, WOTCStartDate, MA_I91_HaveDocuments equals to No , KBA , LOD-SF-OBD-I9 , I9 Issues and requests for Onboarding , Problem