In the selection area of a report, you have excluded the unassigned values (#) for the field ABC. However, when you start the report, the # values are still shown.
Reproducing the Issue
- Open your report from the assigned work center.
- In the selection area, click on the value help for field ABC
- Check the But Exclude option and enter the value #
- Click OK and start the report
In the field ABC, the # values are still shown.
You have added the field ABC to the selection area by clicking on Add Fields and marking it in Display in Selection Area. The exclusion of # values is not applied in the filter when fields are added this way.
Please add the variables to the selection area by using the report wizard instead:
- Go to the work center Business Analytics, view Design Reports.
- Search for your report and click on Edit With > Report Wizard. If it is a standard report, please create a copy by clicking on New > Report As Copy.
- Go to step 4.
- In the column Value Selection for the field ABC, select Using Variable.
- Finish the report.
Adding selection variables from Add Fields also impacts the performance of the report and the value help of the fields, so we would generally recommend to use the report wizard for selection variables.
KBA , # , is not , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , How To