- Fail to login to Salesforce.com from Crystal Reports.
- Unable to refresh report based on Salesforce.com in Crystal Reports and in BI LaunchPad.
- All report created in Crystal Reports off Salesforce.com, using the server url: www.salesforce.com, will fail to connect to Salesforce.com from January 1, 2016.
- SAP Crystal Reports 2008
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
- SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 3.1
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform 4.0
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform 4.1
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform 4.2
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports, create a report off Salesforce.com using the default server url: www.salesforce.com
- Add database fields to the report, and save the report.
- Currently, it is possible to successfully refresh the report, but from January 1, 2016, the report will fail to refresh.
- By default, when creating a report in Crystal Reports to connect to Salesforce.com, it is connecting using the url: www.salesforce.com
- Application connecting to Salesforce.com via the API url: www.salesforce.com will no longer be able to connect from January 1, 2016, because Salesforce will retire this url.
- All application connecting to Salesforce.com using the API will then be required to use the server url: https://login.salesforce.com
- For reference, see the Salesforce Knowledge Article Number 000229717
- To connect to Salesforce.com from Crystal Reports, update the reports to use the url: https://login.salesforce.com
- Open the report based off Salesforce.com in Crystal Reports
- Under the menu "Database", select "Set Datasource Location..."
- In the "Set Datasource Location" window, under current Data Source, expend the Properties, and double click on Server to change the url.
- Enter the Server url: login.salesforce.com, and hit enter.
- In the "Salesforce.com" window, enter the Salesforce.com user name and password, and click "Finish"
- Back to the "Set Datasource Location" window, you will notice the Server url is now equal to: https://login.salesforce.com
Then click the "Close" button.
- Save the report.
The report will now be able to connect to Salesforce.com, and refresh successfully, before and after January 1, 2016.
- In the latest update of Crystal Reports, when creating a new report off Salesforce.com, the default url is now: login.salesforce.com, but for any existing report, that were created in older version of Crystal Reports, the url will need to be updated manually for each report. ( SAP Note: 2228442 )
- It is recommended to update all reports created off salesforce.com to the url: login.salesforce.com, for reports created before January 1, 2016, with an older version of Crystal Reports, otherwise the reports will fail to refresh after this date, due to Salesforce.com deprecating the url: www.salesforce.com
- SForce, API change, CR
Crystal Reports 2008 V1 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2011 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016