When you try to release a customer invoice you get the error: Invoice request 123 item 10 not possible; reference document inconsistent. (123 represents the ID of the Invoice).
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Customer Invoicing work centre;
- Go to Invoice Requests view;
- Search for Invoice Request 123 (123 represents the ID of the invoice);
- Select the line and click on Invoice;
- The error message: Invoice Request 123 item 10 not possible; reference document inconsistent.
This is the system expected behaviour. When invoicing an Outbound Delivery Invoice Request, system matches the Sales Order Invoice Request and the Outbound Delivery Invoice Request combined to create the invoice. In this case, there might be inconsistencies with the currency used.
Please ensure that the Currencies involved on the Sales Order Invoice Request and the Outbound Delivery Invoice Request have a Conversion maintained.
To do so:
- Go to General Ledger Workcenter;
- Go to Common Tasks View;
- Click on Edit Exchange Rates;
- Maintain the conversions as needed.
KBA , AP-CI , Customer Invoice Processing , How To