We have multiple positions with same names/titles assigned to different departments.
When we enter the position title in the position search box for the employee, positions from all the departments are displayed.
Is it possible to display only those positions which are assigned to/associated with the current employee's department? If not, is there a workaround to find the right position efficiently?
Reproducing the Issue
1. Navigate to Job information section in MSS/Add New Employee wizard
2. Enter the position title in the position search box.
3. All the positions with that title are displayed in the dropdown.
Here it is not possible to identify which position is for which department unless the exact Position Code is known.
The Position dropdown lists all the active position for the compnay wihtout factoring even the vacancy and this is an expected system behavior.
To be able to identify the vacant position for a particular department based on the position title, it will require adding the fields in the searchable fields option
1. Navigate to Admin Center > Configure Object Definition. Select 'Object Definition' and then 'Position' in the search box.
2. Edit the object through Take Action > Make Correction
3. In edit mode, scroll down to 'Searchable Fields' section
4. For vacant value to be displayed along with the position: Enter the field name 'vacant' in the searchable field
5. For department value to be displayed along with the position: Enter the field name 'department.externalCode' in the searchable field
Note: For Generic Objects/Foundation Objects (example: department, location), the field name in the searchable field is appended by extrenalCode. This is because these fields reference the actual object through the 'extrenalCode' field.
Here is an example of how the position search result would look like after configuring the vacant and department in srearachable fields and then searching for 'Administrative' in Position ID field
Note: The department field is taken as an example to describe/explain the scenario. Any field that is available in the position object can be used in the searchable fields.
position, vacant, department, searchable field , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-POS , Position Management , How To