- Courses not launching after importing a content using Import Tool under Content > Tools.
- When you look at the content object created, it will looks like the one below. Only the index.html file will be showing in the Filename.
- SuccessFactors Learning Management
Reproducing the Issue
- You may go to Content > Tools > Import Content and click Next;
- Click Browse and select the course. Click Next.
- Insert the necessary information to create the Content Package. Click Import Files.
- It will succeed.
- When launching the course, you will see the following screen:
- When creating the Content Package, no Server Location was selected during the process.
- If we look at Step 3 screenshot, there is no Server Location to select. This happens due to the workflow "Access Deploy Content To Server"missing to the Role assigned to the Admin User.
- In order to add this workflow, you need first to check which role is assigned to your admin under:
Search for your admin ID>
Click to Edit it>
Go to Assigned Roles section.
- After you confirmed which roles are assigned to your admin, you may add the missing workflow under:
Search for the Role ID>
Click to Edit it>
Go to Workflows section>
Check under Content if it contains “Access Deploy Content To Server”.
If not, click on “Add one or more from list” select it and click Add.
- After adding the workflow, you may try to import any content again and make sure to select the Deployment Location under Server Location.
- PLEASE NOTE: Courses that were imported before applying the fix were NOT imported to iContent Server. It means that you must reimport all of them.
- Also note: you may receive a similar error if not using iContent which must be provisioned in order to use deployment locations and the Import Tool, see KBA 2318240.
2318240 - Free iContent Provisioning and Akamai Service - [LMS]
- Deployment Location, Content Import, content object, course not working, Please report the following error to your system administrator, the requested page does not exist.