The extension field created in Sales Order is not updating the values in the Outbound Delivery Invoice Request.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Sales Orders work center.
- Go to the Sales Orders view.
- Show All Orders and Find XYZ (XYZ represents the ID of the Sales Order).
- Edit the Sales Order and select the View All button.
- Go to the General tab and navigate to General section of the screen.
- Here you will find the extension fields ABC (ABC represents the name of the extension field).
- Go to the Customer Invoicing work center.
- Go to the Invoice Requests view.
- Search and open the Outbound Delivery Invoice Request created for the sales order XYZ.
- The Outbound Delivery Invoice Request does not have the extension field at header or item level.
The extension fields can flow from Sales Order to Sales Order Invoice Request if the extension scenario Sales Order General Information -> Invoice Request General information is selected.
If you have selected the extension scenario Sales Order General Information -> Outbound Delivery Request then you should should also select the scenario
Outbound Delivery General Information -> Invoice Request General Information so that the extension field is seen in Outbound Delivery Invoice Request.
However, if the Outbound Delivery is of type 3PL then the extension will not work.
This is the expected behavior of the SAP Business ByDesign system.
extension field, outbound delivery, invoice request , KBA , extension field , outbound delivery , invoice request , AP-ODP-ODR , Outbound Delivery Request , How To