Error occurs When you try to save a Customer Invoice: Saving not possible; Changes have effect on document number.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Customer Invoicing work center.
- Go to the Invoice Documents view.
- Search and open customer invoice XYZ (XYZ represents the ID of the customer invoice).
- Save the customer invoice.
- Error occurs: Saving not possible; Changes have effect on document number.
The Document Numbering Format that is valid for the mentioned invoice does not have Validity Dates maintained, due to which invoice cannot be saved or released.
Follow below steps to check the the Document Numbering Format:
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Go to the Overview view.
- Search for Document Numbering Formats for Customer Invoicing.
- Select and choose View button.
- Select Define document numbering formats for other countries.
- Filter the available rules with Company ID (which is the seller company of the invoice XYZ) and Document Type as Invoice.
- In the rule you can see that the Validity Dates are missing.
Add the Validity Dates in the Document Numbering Format for Customer Invoicing and then try to Save or Release the Invoice.
KBA , AP-SLO , Sales Order Processing , How To