The contacts with different IDs show same name and e-mail addresses in the Service Control work center.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Service Control Center work center.
- Go to Overview view.
- Select Active Contacts under Contact Details.
- Select Create Contact Assignment.
- Select the Contact Type as IT Contact.
- Open the Value Help for the field Assign to Contact.
- You can find many contacts that are not even maintained in the system, additionaly several contacts has the same e-mail addresses.
You expect that only users maintained in the system should be available here.
The value help of the field Assign to Contact returns not only local business partners but also business partner that are maintained in our (SAP) central SAP CRM system. Take user XYZ as an example: this user exists locally in your system. This is one row in the value help result.
However, this user also exists several time as a contact for your company in our central CRM system. These are the other rows of the Value Help result.
As our identity management is at the moment restricted to ByD/C4C and does not include the SAP wide CRM system we are not able to check that all these users refer in fact to the same person. Therefore we show sometimes these duplicate entries.
However please do not be worried about this: the only relevant data here is the mail address as the only functionality behind an IT contact in this context is to get upgrade information via mail.
This also do not have any negative impact on Jam.
This is the expected behavior of SAP Cloud for Customer.
KBA , LOD-CRM-LA , Live Activity , How To