Incoterms field created in the Sales Order is not carried to the Invoice Request but directly to the Customer Invoice.
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a new Sales Order with any of the given Incoterms from Sales Orders work center.
- Go to the Outbound Logistics Control work center -> Customer Demand view -> Release the Customer Demand for the above created Sales Order.
- Go to the Outbound Loistics work center -> Delivery Control view -> Delivery Proposals subview -> Release with Post Goods Issue.
- Go to the Outbound Loistics work center -> Outbound Deliveries view -> Release the Outbound Delivery created in reference to the Sales Order.
- Go to the Customer Invoicing work center -> Invoice Requests view -> The Incoterm value is missing in the Customer Invoice Request.
- Create the Customer Invoice in reference to the above Customer Invoice Request -> the field is available at the Items tab of the Customer Invoice.
The Incoterm is not captured in Invoice Request but directly to Customer Invoice. This is the designed behavior of the SAP Business ByDesign system.
You can follow below steps as workaround using which you can check the incoterm to be captured in the Customer Invoice:
- Go to the Customer Invoicing work center.
- Go to the Invoice Requests view.
- Search for the relevant invoice request.
- Select the Invoice Request ID.
- It will open the Outbound Delivery Overview which has the Incoterm value.
KBA , AP-CI , Customer Invoice Processing , How To