Warranty of the registered product is not determined in the service order even it is maintained in the master data.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Service Order Work center
- Go to Service Order Processing View
- Select Show All and find for the relevant Service Order XXX. ( XXX irepresents the service order number)
- Select View All
- Under the General tab , navigate to the sub tab Account and Affected Product.
- In the Warranty Section you can see that the fileds under it are grayed out.
If the warranty of the registered Ppoduct is expired , prior to the creation of the Service Order, it would be irrelevant to show the expired warranty of the registered product in the service order even though it is maintained in the master data.
Hence the system doesnt determine the warranty details and shows the fields grayed out.
This is expected system behavior.
KBA , SRD-CRM-SEE , Service Entitlements , How To