- Import of MDF Data results in an unexpected error when Business rule is set to store Effective Start Date of today
- Can we use a rule to set the Effective Start Date to today on an MDF Object?
- SuccessFactors Cloud HCM: MDF
- SuccessFactors Cloud HCM: Business Rules
Reproducing the Issue
- Create an effective dated custom MDF Object
- Assign a rule on this object that would set the effective start date field with the vale
Effective Start Date field is a pre-delivered standard field by SuccessFactors which is used to store effective dated records for an MDF Object. When creating an effective dated MDF object, this field is always set as mandatory.
Using a rule to set the effective date for an MDF Object results in data corruption. When importing the data for an MDF Object, it may also result in data duplication. Therefore it is not recommended to use/create a business rule that automatically sets the effective start date on the MDF object. Using so, may also result in an error stating invalid date format for the effective start date field.
- MDF - Metadata Framework