When synchronizing data from a Position to the Employee's JobInfo section, the system is derivating the wrong Event Reason.
SuccessFactors Employee Central V2
Reproducing the Issue
Position Managment is enabled, a test position is associated with an employee.
Position to Job Info Sync Business Bule has the Company field configured for synchronizing and the rule is configured in Admin Tools > Position Management Settings.
Default workflow for position is attached to the position object definition.
In Event Reason XML add 1st rule containing logic jobinfo.country-of-company inverse="true".
In this scenario, we are changing business unit of a position, which should synchronize to the job information of its incumbent
with an event-reason as defined in the event reason derivation XML file.
We are not changing country or company or country-of-company. However, the Event Reason derivation rule, containing logic of capturing change in field country-of-company gets selected by the system each time we change the business unit from position org chart.
- Go to position org chart.
- Search for the test position.
- Click on position and select Show Position->Edit->Change Business Unit and Save.
- Approve the workflow if triggered.
- Go to Incumbent's (employee occupying the position) Job history and verify the event reason selected for this change.
Each change on position, the first Event Reason rule will get selected, even though we are not changing company, country of company or location.
The below configuration is wrong for event-reason derivation XML configuration file, it should not be added:
<equal id="jobInfo.country-of-company" inverse="true" />
Please follow below guidelines while configuring position to job info sync logic:
- A Rule that is syncing from PositionToJobInfo should always have the statement "IF position IS NOT EQUAL Null" in the IF Condition.
- Company shall never be synced with a rule from position to job or job to position synchronization.
- Time in Position is a calculated field and should also not be filled by rule.
- Supervisor on JobInfo is calculated automatically from the Leading Hierarchy in Position Management Settings and should not be written by Sync Rule.
- The field country-of-company is not allowed to be used in the event reason derivation.
Do not use country-of-company in the event-reason derivation XML.
This field is not allowed to be added in event-reason derivaton XML because, this field is only calculated on the User Interface and will have different values if the job info is changed via User Interface or in coding.
This information will be added by the engineering team in the Employee Central Master Implementation guide chapter "4.6 Setting up country-specific picklists" that this field shall only be used in context of country specific picklists and for nothing else.
After removing country-of-company field from event-reason derivation XML file:
For partners or customer support team's reference:
Employee Central Position to JobInfo Sychronization rule configuraiton Event-reason derivation , KBA , wrong event reason derivation , wrong event reason for position , LOD-SF-EC-POS , Position Management , Problem