Upon trying to create new positions from Position Org Chart using the Copy Position option, the system throws a script error.
Reproducing the Issue
1. Navigate to Company Info > Position Org Chart
2. Search/Select the position to be copied from
3. Click on the position title and select Copy Position
4. The system throws a script error
One of the causes for the error could be the incorrect current sequence number if the position externalCode is system generated and through a sequence. The systen could be trying the create a position with an externalCode using the currnet sequence which may already be existing.
1. Navigate to Admin Tools > Configure Object Definition and select Position object
2. Under saveRule or postSaveRule, the rule to auto-create position externalCode would be assigned.
3. In the rule, check for the sequence name and make a note of it.
4. Navigate to Admin Tools > Manage Sequence and search for the sequence name noted above.
5. Make a note of the value in the current in the sequence.
6. Navigate to Manage Positions and validate of there are any position which have an externalCode greater than or equal to the current value. If there are any such values, make a note of the highest value.
7. Navigate to Admin Tools > Manage Sequence and change the start value to the highest value noted above +1.
If the current value in the sequence is 36 and the highest value for the externalCode among the positions is 38, change the current value of the sequence to 39.
With the above changes, the system will now try to assign the externalCode value to be equal to start value in the position and will not throw an error.
Position Management, Position Org Chart, Copy Position, Sequence , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-POS , Position Management , Problem