- Blank rows in Excel.
- Empty rows added in MS Excel, for some reports.
- Extra blank row is added in the exported .xls file when exporting a report which contains a subreport that has multiple pages, from Crystal Reports to MS Excel format.
- SAP Crystal Reports 2008
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports designer, create a report off any data source.
- Insert one subreport and make it contains lots of details rows to make it display on multiple pages.
- Export the report to Microsoft Excel (97-2003) Data-Only or Microsoft Excel (97-2003) format.
- In MS Excel, open the exported file, and notice there are blank rows where the subreport is located in Crystal Reports.
- This is a limitation of the MS Excel exporting driver.
- This situation occurs when a report contains a subreport that displays on multiple pages.
- To workaround this limitation, perform one of the following:
- In Crystal Reports, modify the report design to insert the subreport data in the main report if possible; or
- In MS Excel, use the EXCEL function to delete blank rows automatically.
- If subreport has headers, move the headers to the main report, leaving only the data content in the subreport
- Set top and bottom margins in report and subreport to 0
- For a list of Crystal Reports supported functionalities by exporting format, see the SAP Knowledge Base Article 1946358
rpt, empty, xls, format, space, excel, export, blank, extra , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , Problem
Crystal Reports 2008 V0 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2011 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016