1. Customer will be using Second Manager hierarchy.
2. When they navigate to Define planners page, on right top of the screen you would see as Changes failed. Please find a manager to view the hierarchy. 1 error(s) occurred.
3. To have a clear picture, please have a look at Screen shot.
Reproducing the Issue
1. Log in to the instance as an user who is not part of hierarchy (Example: admin, sfadmin etc).
2. Navigate to any compensation template and click on it.
3. Click on Plan setup and Navigate to Define Planners page.
Note: Hierarchy should be type of custom manager hierarchy.
When the tool is loaded, the tool is trying to load the current log in user's hierarchy. If current login user is not a manager of the hierarchy type, you will get this error.
In other words, This error pops up on the screen because tool looks at the current log in user and tries to see if user exists in the hierarchy or not. Since users such as admin, sfadmin, compadmin are not part of hierarchy , warning message Changes failed. Please find a manager to view the hierarchy. 1 error(s) occurred pops up on the top right of the screen.
Please advise customer that this is a known error if current log in user is not a manager or part of hierarchy.
If you search a planner who has compensation eligible employees under him then it will display number of user and planner under the manager.
Define planners Changes failed. Please find a manager to view the hierarchy. 1 error(s) occurred , KBA , LOD-SF-CMP-ADM , Admin Tools, Settings, Permissions , Problem