Tokens are placeholders used in e-mail notification templates to reference field data. There are standard (non-customizable tokens) and custom tokens which can be then used in Recruiting E-Mail templates and Offer Letters.
SuccessFactors Recruiting Management - All versions
1. Tokens used in the notifications set up in Admin Tools > E-Mail Notification Templates
The notifications set up in Admin Tools > E-Mail Notification Templates are usually shared by multiple modules. Notifications supported in the Recruiting Module:
- Document Routing Notification
- Document Due Notification
- Document Late Notification
- External Candidate Forgot Password Notification
- New Recruiting Operator Notification
- Recruiting Interviewer Notification
- Recruiting Even Interviewer Notification
- Recruiting Agency
- Recruiting Imminent Candidate Purge Notification
- Share candidate search
Because most of the system notification templates are shared with other modules, the tokens are usually not module specific. If not other specified, only general tokens (e.g. [[DOC TITLE]], [[DOC ACCESS URL]]) are supported. You can find the list of tokens in this Knowledge Base Article: 2087503
The tokens in Admin Tools > E-Mail Notification Templates are not customizable.
2. Tokens used in notifications set up in Admin Tools > Manage Recruiting E-Mail Templates
Notifications set up in Admin Tools > Manage Recruiting E-Mail Templates are used in:
- automatically sent e-mail notifications when changing the status of the applicant (if a template is set up in Admin Tools > Edit Application Status Configuration)
- ad-hoc e-mails to applicant from the Application page (when using the E-Mail/Contact Candidate button)
- Recruiting E-Mail Triggers
If you go to Admin Tools > Manage Recruiting E-Mail Templates, you can click on the "Show Tokens" button to see the full list of supported tokens in Recruiting E-Mail Templates:
The list will show all standard and custom tokens available for the instance.
The list of available tokens is also accessible from the text editor, when configuring an e-mail template - selecting the token will insert it into the e-mail body text:
If the token is spelled correctly (and supported) it will be highlighted in the body e-mail text:
The tokens will render the data information in the notification referenced in the token if the referrenced field is filled. If the data is not available for the specific application, the placeholder will render blank.
Please consider two use cases:
a) The information referrenced in the token is provided:
3. Special Tokens used only in Recruiting E-Mail Triggers
Recruiting email triggers manage emails that can be sent out at various points in the recruiting process. Therefore they may support some tokens supported only for this specific action - e.g. in the E-Mail trigger "Invite Candidate to Apply" following tokens are supported: [RECRUITING_APPLICANT_NAME]], [[INVITE_REFERRER]], [[INVITE_JOB_POSTING_DATE]], [[INVITE_LINK]]. In other recruiting notifications, these tokens will not resolve and will display e.g. "[[INVITE_LINK]]" in the e-mail body text. You can find the informaiton about additional supported tokens in the "Tips" in Admin Tools > Recruiting E-Mail Triggers for each e-mail trigger:
Some tokens may be required for the notification set up as an e-mail trigger: E.g. the Requisition Posted Recruiting Email Trigger requires an e-mail template including tokens: [[BEGIN_REPEAT]] and [[END_REPEAT]]. Please refer to the Knowledge Base Article 2199361 for further information.
4. Tokens used in Offer Letter Templates
The e-mail templates used for the Offer Letters are being set up in Admin Tools > Manage Offer Letter Templates. They may also include tokens from the last offer version and the list of the available tokens in Offer Letters is accessible in the text editor:
5. How to set up custom tokens for Recruiting E-Mail Templates and Offer Letter Templates
Custom tokens can be only created from the back-end of the system. Please contact Cloud Proudct Support and provide a reference to a field on job requisition, application, candidate profile or offer detail and a Support Engineer will add a custom token to your instance based on your configuration.
Recruiting Email Tokens Email Tokens , KBA , LOD-SF-RCM , Recruiting Management , Problem