An application occurs when the final approver attempts to approve a position change workflow request.
The final approver can Update or Cancel the workflow request without receiving an error.
SuccessFactors Employee Central
Reproducing the Issue
- Import Position data
- Initiate a Position Change workflow request for an employee
- Approve the request
- This application error is caused by having one or more required fields left blank in a Position object definition.
- The application error only occurs for the final approver when saving because the change is being permanently committed to the database for the user.
- Editing or cancelling does not commit the data to the database tables so there is no check to ensure required data is present.
- To resolve the error, each Position object definition which is missing data for a required field must be edited so that data exists in all required fields.
- The issue can be resolved for many Position objects through Import.
KBA , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , How To