This article is intended to explain how Position Matrix Relationships can be removed through import. Often it is need to delete/remove the relationships when trying to Inactivate a Position that has Matrix Relationships.
1. Export position data from the instance from Admin Center --> Import and Export Data and find the file for position matrix relationships.
2. Filter the file for the particular position that you want to inactivate in column positionMatrixRelationship.relatedPosition.code
3. Please note that there may be a position code present more than once under the column “code”.
4. For each position code, consider only the record with the latest date. A new record should be added to this position with effective date after the latest date in the file. This new record should not have the current position mentioned in the Matrix Relationships field.
5. Once step 4 is completed for all the codes, the position can be made inactive with effective date after the latest date for all the codes. In our example, the effective date should be after 6/19/2015 and we should use DELIMIT operator to achieve our objective. The Position Matrix Relationship import can be done from Admin Center --> Import and Export Data.
Position, Matrix, Relationship, DELIMIT, Import, Inactive, Deactive , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-POS , Position Management , How To