You are not able to assign a Contract Item to an item in a service order.
Reproducing the Issue
This applies to service orders which are created as a follow-up document of the contract or service orders which are not created as a follow-up document of a contract.
- Go to the Service Orders work center.
- Select the Service Order Processing view.
- Click on the New button and select the Service Order option.
- Enter the respective account.
- Go to the Services and Spare Parts tab.
- Add the respective product.
- In the field Contract Item click on the value help.
- The value help displays No records found.
- You expect that the contract line item XX of contract ABC will be displayed in the value help. (XX represents the line item number and ABC represents the ID of the Contract)
The contract ABC is not active. If a contract is released and not active as the contract start was not reached it is not possible to assign the contract item in the Service Order. Only active contracts can be assigned in a service order. This also applies to sales orders.
This is the expected system behaviour.
KBA , SRD-CRM-SEE , Service Entitlements , How To