Guide for administrators for export and import tools
- SuccessFactors Learning Management System (LMS) - All Supported Versions
- System admin > Tools > Import data / Export Data
Administrator Roles Export and Import Tools
The administrator roles export and import tools are built to transfer administrator roles from one environment to another.
create your administrator roles, domain restrictions, and state restrictions in System Admin -> Security, in stage environment first.
test that your configuration enables admins assigned to the role to perform the required tasks.
Import your role in your productive environment.
assign these workflows to the administrator who exports/imports the administrator roles (in the role > workflow tab > system administration):
- Import Data
Using the Export Tool
The export tool is available in System Admin ->Tools -> Export Data.
Administrators follow the export wizard to assemble the records for export. At the end of the wizard, the system creates a background job to build the Microsoft Excel export file.
When the background job completes, the file is available in System Admin -> Tools -> Export Data.
You can control the amount of export files to appear on the page in System Admin -> Configuration -> System Configuration -> LMS_ADMIN.
Find the ‘exportExpiration’ property and change its value to the amount of export files that the system should save before deleting the oldest one.
Using the Import Tool
The import tool is available in System Admin -> Tools -> Import Data. Starting with the Microsoft Excel file that the export tool generated, administrators follow the import wizard to import the roles.
The tool adds or updates roles, workflows and restrictions, it does not delete roles/Workflow or nullifies domain restrictions.
The tool only adds domain restriction if the entity or function already exists in the system, for example:
- your report developer has modified an existing custom report to add/change the table on which to apply domain restrictions for the admin running the report.
- this means that currently, all the roles where this workflow is assigned are missing a workflow restriction for that entity or showing the previous entity only.
In our example, the report has 2 entities: Questionnaire Survey and User but the User entity is missing
- therefore, you wish to update all the roles where this workflow is assigned with a domain restriction on that entity so you have populated your file as per below:
- But the Domain restriction value for the entity Questionnaire Survey is not deleted (because it is not supported) and the User entity has not been created (because it must already exist in the system)
To add the new entity in the workflow restrictions, you must manually remove the workflow from the role
- workflow tab > edit > check box next to workflow > apply changes
- add it again (same tab > add one or more from list > check box > apply changes)
this will remove any domain restrictions values that were populated on the workflow.
Therefore, you can import your file once more and the domain restriction will be populated for all the roles where you performed the above task.
There is no automated/bulk way to remove workflows from roles at this time but this would make for a good enhancement request.
PLease support these enhancement requests:
Workflow removal via import tool
Ability to use assignment profiles to assign admin roles
SuccessFactors, Administrator Roles Export Tool; Administrator Roles Import Tool; export; import; workflow restriction, domain restriction, not added, not removed not deleted, custom report workflow, update on null , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-ADM , Admin Tools , LOD-SF-LMS , SuccessFactors Learning , How To