HOW TO: Save Excel Files to CSV
- Import Files
- Export the CSV file from SF Admin Tools
- Save the file to your desktop
- Open Excel, DO NOT OPEN FILE!!!
- Create a new blank workbook
- Click ‘Data’
- Hover over ‘Import External Data’
- Click ‘Import Data’. You want to import from a text file. Your‘Text Import Wizard’ may appear in some versions of excel.
- Verify that the ‘Delimited’ radio button is selected then click ‘Next’
- Put a check mark in the box to the left of ‘Comma’, since the delimiter in your file are commas.
- Click ‘Next’
- The first column should already be highlighted as seen in the example to the right (If it is not highlighted then click once on the column header labeled ‘General’ over the first column.)
- Using the horizontal scroll bar at the bottom, scroll all the way to the right.
- Hold down the ‘Shift’ key and click the last column header.
This should highlight all columns
- Click the ‘Text’ radio button
You should immediately see all column headers change to ‘Text’
- Click ‘Finish’
- Click ‘OK’
- Now you are able to make edits to the file
- When you have completed all updates you must save the file as a .CSV (Comma Separated Value) Refer to the next screenshot for a reference on how this is done:
- User Data File
- Comma Delimited Files
- Import Files
SuccessFactors HCM Core 1207 ; SuccessFactors HCM Core 1210 ; SuccessFactors HCM Core 1302 ; SuccessFactors HCM Core 1305 ; SuccessFactors HCM Core 1308 ; SuccessFactors HCM Core 1311 ; SuccessFactors HCM Core 1402 ; SuccessFactors HCM Core 1405 ; SuccessFactors HCM Core 1408 ; SuccessFactors HCM Core 1508