- Prompt empty.
- No list of Values.
- Dynamic prompt does not show any values.
- In Crystal Reports, or in SAP BI LaunchPad, when refreshing a migrated, or promoted report, the Dynamic Parameter does not have any list of values.
- The same reports works fine in the previous environment where the reports are migrated, or promoted from.
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
- SAP Business Intelligence Platform 4.0
- SAP Business Intelligence Platform 4.1
- SAP Business Intelligence Platform 4.2
- Business View Manager installed in the migration environment.
Reproducing the Issue
- Open a migrated report which having one or more dynamic cascading prompt in Crystal Reports.
- Refresh the report.
- When prompted by the dynamic parameter, notice the list of value for the prompt has no values.
- Dynamic Parameter List of Values are based of Business Views. If the "Data Access" right is missing or not explicitly granted on data connection object of the Business View, then the List of Values will be empty, since the user does not have access to the data.
- In the Business View Manager, grant the "Data Access" on the Data Connection used by the Dynamic Parameter List of Values. To do so:
- Open the report in Crystal Reports.
- Edit the parameter, and take note of the List of Value Prompt Group, for the dynamic prompt where the list of values are empty.
- Launch the Business View Manager, and find the Dynamic Prompt Group.
- Select the Dynamic Prompt Group, and click on the "Dependant" objects to find the Data Connection the List of Value uses.
- Open the Data Connection.
- Right click the Data Connection and select Edit Rights from Repository Explorer.
- Set the rights for the user or group for "Data Access" to be explicitly granted.
- How to Troubleshoot on Crystal Reports Dynamic Prompts/LOV Issues
- 1856647 - Master Note. Summary of potential reasons causing Empty LOV prompt in Crystal Reports
Crystal Reports 2011, Crystal Reports 2013, CR2011, CR2013, DCP, Dynamic Cascading Prompt, Empty, Missing , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , Problem
SAP Crystal Reports 2011 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016