You are not able to see Planned Values for a project.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Cost and Revenue workcenter
- Choose the Projects view.
- Select the relevant project.
- Press View Planned Values.
- Under the Messages tab you can see an error message Cannot derive FY/period from start date DD.MM.YYYY.
The Start Date and End Date maintained for the project define an interval referring to a fiscal year not yet created in the system.
Example: The Start Date is set to the 01.01.2015 and the End Date to the 30.12.2020. If you have not created the Fiscal Year 2020 in the system yet, the error message will be reported.
You need to create the relevant Fiscal Year for the Company.
- Go to the General Ledger workcenter.
- Choose the Sets of Books and Assigned Companies view.
- Select the relavent Company and Set of Books.
- Press Edit Fiscal Years.
- Press New Fiscal Year.
Please note that you can have only three Financial Years open in the system at any given point of time.
If you have you define any fiscal year variant as year-specific you have to maintain the required periods in continuation.
- Go to Business Configuration work center.
- Choose Implementation Projects view.
- Choose your implementation project and choose Open Activity List.
- Choose the activity Other Fiscal Year from the activity list.
- Choose the Fiscal Year Variants.
- Under period details maintain the required periods in a continuation.
For instance start date of project is 01.01.2015 and end date is 30.12.2020, in this case all the accounting periods has to be maintain for year 2015, 2016, 2017,2018,2019 and 2020.
KBA , AP-PRO , Project Processing , How To