- Edit & Delete Position option shows on Succession Org Chart even though user/role doesn't have the required permission. This issue is for Position nomination method only.
- Allow succession planners to add/edit/delete positions? checkbox is unchecked but still Succession Planners have access to Edit/Delete Position option in Succession Org Chart.
SuccessFactors BIZX: Succession Management
Reproducing the Issue
Lets say that Manager is able to access 'Edit Position' & 'Delete Position' even though he doesn't have Succession Management & Matrix Report permission.
- Proxy as one of the managers, say Manny Manager
- Go to Succession Org Chart and click on drop down of SOC for one of his direct reports, see below:
- Manager's role doesn't have Succession Management & Matrix Report permission and still he can edit positions of his direct reports
- Succession Management & Matrix report permission & Succession Planning permission is not needed to enable/disable 'Edit/Delete' Positions option on Succession Org Chart.
- Edit/Delete Positions option depends on Change User Information and Manage Users permission i.e. if a user/role has either Change User Information OR Manager Users permission then he will have access to Edit Positions & Delete Position options on Succession Org Chart for his target populations.
- Allow succession planners to add/edit/delete positions? : If this checkbox is checked then even though Change User Information or Manage Users permission is unchecked, Succession Planner (role having Succession Planning Permission) will always be able to edit/delete positions within target population.
- Go to the role of the user (say Manager role)
- Go to Manage User section; we could see that 'Manager Users' checkbox is checked
NOTE: Change User Information is already unchecked.
- Uncheck 'Manage Users' checkbox in the given role.
- Logout & Login again.
- Edit/Delete Position option is disabled now.
KBA , LOD-SF-SCM-SCM , Succession Management , Problem