How to calculate competency expected rating in Career Worksheet?
SAP SuccessFactors BIZX:
- Career Development & Planning
- Career Worksheet v12
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Development Plan and navigate to Career Worksheet
- In the screenshot, expected rating of 'Acting as a Champion for Change' present under 'Vice President, Marketing' role is showing as 3.4
Expected rating of competency is dependent on the expected rating percentage of that competency in a given role and the rating scale mapped to Career Worksheet. It may be possible that a given competency is present in more than one role therefore before calculating the expected rating, we need to check from which role competency is showing on Career Worksheet so that we can use the correct expected rating percentage for calculating expected rating of competency in Career Worksheet.
In the above screenshot, competency 'Acting as a Champion for a Change' is coming from 'Vice President, Marketing' role therefore we will check this role to find out the expected rating percentage of this competency.
- Go to Families & Roles.
- Select the desired family & then the role.
- Expected rating percentage of 'Acting as a Champion for a Change' competency is 80 %.
- You need to be aware of rating scale mapped to Career Worksheet. In this case,the rating scale of Career Worksheet is 4 point scale.
Equation to calculate Competency expected rating is
(x-1)/(rating scale-1) = expected rating in percentage; x is the expected rating of competency in Career Worksheet
Lets put the value in this equation
(x-1)/ (4-1)= 80 %
=> x= 3.4, which is the expected rating showing on Career Worksheet
- Due to the formula being hardcoded in the system, Reverse Rating scales do not work with the Career Worksheet.
- The Career Worksheet does not support Zero ('0') in the competency rating scale percentage. Calculating a Competency with a zero rating will cause it to display as 'N/A' for Expected Rating and show as 'not met'.
Rating in Career Worksheet, Competency Expected Rating , KBA , LOD-SF-SCM-CDP , Career Development & Planning , Problem