After the migration of inventories the opening balance of some inventories was found to be incorrect because of wrong file/incomplete file used for migration.
You do not however see any reverse option to reverse the migration.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to General Ledger work center.
- Select Journal Entries view under Journal Entries.
- Filter with Journal Entry Type Data Migration, Related Source Document Type Goods and Activity Confirmation and locate the posting in question
You observe that the balances against some materials are incorrect but you did not find the option to reverse them.
- Go to Business Configration work center.
- Select Implementation Projects view.
- Search and Open the migration activity Migration of Accounting Transaction Data.
- Click Migration accounting transaction data using the migration tool.
In the already migrated units you do not see the option to perform reverse migration.
This functionality of directly reversing migrated inventories is not available in the current release of SAP Business ByDesign.
Directly reversing the migration is not supported. In order to adjust the balance of inventories which were effected due to wrong selection of quantities you can choose to re-migrate employing adjustment stock.
Here, adjustment stock means that for instance, if you have used 3 Quantity in the original migration now for the same material select it as -3 which will eventually nullify the balance in the inventory account in question as you are entering the value as negative stock.
KBA , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To