The annual salary pay component group does not display the expected local currency when compared to the pay components listed for a given user.
In this case, the problem is caused by an incorrect local currency code entered in the currency field of the Legal Entity associated with the user.
To correct the problem, the Legal Entity was updated such that the currency field was changed to reflect the correct local currency code. For example, the Legal Entity is located in the United Kingdom and has "United Kingdom (GBR) listed in the country code field, however, US dollars (USD) was associated in the currency field instead of British Pounds (GBP).
In this case the currency code USD was replaced with GBP in the currency field of the legal entity.
This process is performed by a systems administrator with access to Manage Data through Admin Tools.
Steps to resolve:
1. Determine the Legal Entity of the user
2. In admin tools, find "Manage Data" in the admin tools search list
3. Choose "Legal Entity" from the object type drop down list on the left
4. Enter the legal entity name or code in the drop down search bar on the right
5. Edit the legal entity by changing the currency to the correct local currency code, then save.
Once the currency code was updated to accurately reflect the local currency for the legal entity the problem was resolved.
Pay Component Group, Local Currency , KBA , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , LOD-SF-EC-MDF , MDF & EC2MDF Migration , Problem