- How to configure a UI for a Generic Object in Meta Data Framework?
- What is the purpose of Manage Configuration UI in Meta Data Framework?
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
- SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite
- Metadata framework (MDF)
Manage Configuration UI is a core feature available in Meta Data Framework that allows creating custom UI for any selected MDF Object. Using this feature we can now leverage the option of creating Portlet UI in the Employee Profile Section for any MDF object.
Steps to create a Config UI for the MDF objects are as below:
- Choose a MDF object(Base Object) for which you want to create a Config UI
- Go To Admin Tools --> Employee Files --> Manage Configuration UI as seen in below screenshot
3. Click on Create New
4. Choose the required object in Select Base Object drop down and enter the Id of your choice for the UI you are creating (See screenshot below). Once clicked on Base Object a default view is created with all fields and first level composite children as group.
When you hover over a group you can see the toolbar options as highlighted on the screenshot below:
- Add Field - Click on this toolbar item to add a field to the group
- Add Link - click on this toolbar item to add a link at access a URL to the group
- Add Group - Click on this toolbar item to add a group to the group
- Edit Properties - Click on this toolbar item to open the Properties for the group.
- Delete - Click on this toolbar item to delete the group
5. Once the configuration is complete click on Save button to save the Config UI for the MDF object.
Manage Configuration UI feature also allows us to rearrange the order of the Fields/Groups, change the layout design to appear in Form/Grid/Flow format.
MDF, Meta Data Framework, GO, Generic Objects, Configuration UI , KBA , mdf, ec, generic objects, successfactors , LOD-SF-MDF-OBJ , Object Definition & Field Related Issues , How To