You have observed that VAT calculated is Inconsistent in Expense Report Posting.
For Eg:Expense Type -Meals is claimed thrice in Expense Report XYZ and VAT is calculated only once on this Expense Type and is not calculated on remaining Meal Expense Types.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Postings Work center.
- Go to Postings view.
- Go to Posted Reports and Find Expense Report XYZ.
- Select the Expense Report XYZ and Go to Details tab.
You could see that the VAT is calculated only once on Expense Type-Meal.
VAT is calculated only once on Expense Type Meals as the Tax Code related to Expense Type is changed by Auditor.
Tax Code linked to Expense Type Meals is set as Non-deductible in Business Configuration settings but the Auditor has changed the Tax Code on one of the Expense Type Meals to Fully-deductible. Hence, VAT is calculated only on this Expense Type.
In order to view the Tax Code Group and Tax Code related to Expense Type, you should follow the below steps:
- Go to Business Configuration Work center.
- Go to Overview.
- Find Expense Reporting-Country.
- Go to Edit Expense Types.
- Choose the Expense Type and Go to Definition.
You could see the Tax Code Group which is assigned to Expense Type.
In order to view Tax Code which is linked to Tax Code Group follow the below steps:
- Follow Steps from 1 to 3.
- Go to Define and Edit Tax Code Groups.
- Under Available Tax Code Groups, elect the Tax Code Group.
You could see the Tax code assigned to Tax Code Group under Assigned VAT Tax Code.
You need to check if there are any changes done by Auditor by following the below steps:
- Go to Cockpit Work center.
- Go to All Expense Reports.
- Find Expense Report XYZ.
- Choose Expense Report XYZ.
- Go to View Expense Report Changes.
You could see the changes made by Auditor on Expense Types.
KBA , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To