- How to map MDF Live Profile Information Portlet to display MDF object data?
- How to create custom portlet UI for the MDF object?
- How to configure a MDF UI screen/object on the Poeple Profile?
- SuccessFactors Cloud HCM: MDF Object UI
- SuccessFactors Cloud HCM: MDF Live Profile Information Portlet
- SuccessFactors Cloud HCM: EP MDF Portlet
Custom Portlet UI for displaying the data from the MDF Object can be created using the Manage Configuration UI tool in Meta Data Framework. For more details on configuring the UI for the MDF object, please scroll down to the KBA mentioned in the Reference Section of this article.
To add the custom MDF Portlet in the Profile section, follow the steps below:
For Employee Profile, v12 Instances
- Navigate to Admin Center --> Employee Files --> Configure Employee Files
2. If you wish to add a the MDF UI Portlet in the new layout in the Employee Profile section, click on Add New View OR if you wish to add the MDF UI Portlet in the existing editable layouts choose from the list available
3. Click on Insert Portlet and click on Create & Add button for the Live Profile MDF Information
4. Give a title to the portlet and select the MDF Screen ID of the required MDF Object and click on Save and then Save Dashboard. This is the ID that was given in the Manage Configuration UI page.
5. Once the above settings are completed, you can now grant access to the newly created MDF Portlet UI by enabling the checkbox for the newly created Employee Layout in Manage Permission Roles --> Permission --> Employee Views
For People Profile Page (PP3) Instances
- Navigate to Admin Center --> Tool Search --> Configure People Profile
- In the Search area for Available blocks, look for "Live Profile MDF Information" block. (It should appear if you search "mdf")
- Drag and drop the porltet into the desired available space as shown in below screenshot.
4. Select the UI screen Id and click on Save button as shown in screenshot below.
5. Once the above steps are completed, the portlet will start to appear on the Profile Page. In PP3 you do not need to grant the permission explicitly for the newly configured MDF porltet, unlike V12.
NOTE: Live Profile MDF Portlet in Employee Profile Section can be created only for Objects that have externalCode set as User data type, otherwise you will not get the option to select the Screen ID in the screenshot above.
EP - Employee Profile Poeple Profile Page PP3 MDF - Metadata Framework RBP - Role Based Permission Employee Profile Live Profile MDF Information MDF porltet , KBA , config ui, mdf portlet , mdf, ep, rbp , LOD-SF-MDF-UI , UI Config, Rules, Custom MDF Portlets on V12 & PP3 , How To